- Incredible performance live from Laguna Sec Daze Festival
- Includes the entire KOCN-FM broadcast
- Presented here together with background notes and images
Dick Dale, live from Laguna Seca Daze Festival in Monterey, CA on 28 May 1995
King Kahuna of Surf Guitar, Dick Dale, pioneered the sound that would later become known as Surf Rock. Revered by the likes of The Beach Boys, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Ramones, and Van Halen, Dale's distinctive - and frenetic - guitar playing is unique and heavily influenced by the drumming of Gene Krupa and Dale's own early experiences of playing the tarabaki drum. His is the sound that defines surf culture.
This adrenalin-fuelled set was broadcast live by KOCN from the Laguna Seca Daze Festival in Monterey, CA on 28 May 1995. His career was riding the crest of a wave, thanks to Quentin Tarantino's choice of Dale's classic re-working of the traditional Greek song, Misirlou, as the title track to his film, Pulp Fiction.
Now you can revel in the sound of the sun and the surf - no beach required!
- Introduction - Shredded Heat
- Taco Wagon
- Ghost Riders In The Sky / Rumble
- Take It Or Leave It
- Trail Of Tears
- Tribal Thunder / Hot links - Caterpillar Crawl
- Calling Up Spirits
- Third Stone From The Sun
- The Wedge / Peter Gunn Theme