- CD packed into a 4 panel digipack, UV gloss with an 8 page booklet
- Incredible performances, live from Köln, April 1970
- Includes the entire WDR-FM radio broadcast
- Digitally remastered for greatly enhanced sound quality
Tyrannosaurus Rex, live from the Progressive Rock Festival, Sporthalle, Köln, Germany on 4th April 1970
Marc Bolan replaced Steve Took with Mickey Finn in late October 1969 and the revised duo recorded A Beard Of Stars which was released in March 1970. A few days later, they travelled to Germany to play at Cologne's Progressive Pop Festival. Appearing late in the afternoon of the second day, they performed a mixture of psychedelic folk, pop and rock, clearly pointing the way towards their huge success later in the year.
Their complete set, broadcast on WDR-FM, is presented here together with background notes and images.
- Elemental Child
- Organ Blues
- Summertime Blues
- Hot Rod Mama
- Pavilions Of Sun
- One Inch Rock
- By The Light Of A Magical Moon